Allen Weidman has been selected as the first Executive Director of the STEP Foundation, in addition to his duties as Sustainability Officer for InfoComm International.
The Sustainable Technologies Environment Program (STEP), the organization is managing the STEP Rating System, a new sustainability rating system for low-voltage Information Communication Technology Systems in commercial buildings. The Foundation members consist of Bicsi, CCCA, CompTIA, InfoComm, and TIA.
Mr. Weidman also oversees green issues, sustainability and other environmentally-related activities on behalf of a wide range of association clients, including those in the building, construction and A/V industries for InfoComm International.
Mr. Weidman brings more than 30 years of association experience, having worked with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Consumer Products Safety Commission and a number of other federal and state regulatory agencies. He has developed, integrated and managed industry coalitions on federal and international environmental issues.
* 30 years of progressive association management experience
* Provided visionary leadership by integrating e-commerce and e-knowledge management into a traditional association structure for enhanced member benefit
* Built and managed industry coalition on Federal & International environmental issues
* Developed the business plan, strategy, mission, vision and organizational design for an electronic trade association which greatly expanded industry outreach at significantly reduced costs
* Represented plastics and natural gas industries before codes/standards-making organizations.
* Built and managed a team of association and IT professionals
* Developed and implemented an industry national accounts program